Monday, June 11, 2012

Good Hustlin' Gone Bad (aka Don't Hate the Player, Hate the Game)



What happens when you push otherwise ordinary, law abiding people to their breaking point?


The Depressing Rise of People Robbing Banks to Pay the Bills

...Three weeks before the Mississippi fiasco, a woman named Gwendolyn Cunningham robbed a bank in Fresno and fled in her car. Minutes later, police spotted Cunningham's car in front of downtown Fresno's Pacific Gas and Electric Building. Inside, she was trying to pay her gas bill… 
In October 2011, a Phoenix-area man stole $2,300 to pay bills and make his alimony payments. In early 2010, an elderly man on Social Security started robbing banks in an effort to avoid foreclosure on the house he and his wife had lived in for two decades. In January 2011, a 46-year-old Ohio woman robbed a bank to pay past-due bills. And in February of this year, a  Pennsylvania woman with no teeth confessed to robbing a bank to pay for dentures. "I'm very sorry for what I did and I know God is going to punish me for it," she said at her arraignment. Yet perhaps none of this compares to the man who, in June 2011, robbed a bank of $1 just so he could be taken to prison and get medical care he couldn't afford.

You know it's getting bad when people are ROBBING BANKS just to pay bills. I am a Hustler in my head and in my actions. I work hard to create the monetary sustenance my family needs to survive.  But when you can't even work hard and make enough money…you know there's a bad, bad problem. Dang.

No comments:

Post a Comment