Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Santorum wins...or does he??

So, Rick Santorum did well in Iowa.  This whole situation reminds me of the beauty and nightmare that are Girl Scout cookies.  EVERYBODY waits for those dang cookies to come out every year because they are soooo dang good. Thin Mints anyone? My daughter joined the Girl Scouts this year, and I'm so happy that these cookies are here.  BUT.  With all the other activities she's been doing and the social networking she needs to do (which really means: I have to do), it's gonna be a tough slog to get to whatever prizes have been lined up for the person who sells the most cookies in the troop.  

We gotta identify:  (1) who to sell to,  (2) how many we think we can get them to buy, (3) who we can guilt into buying, (grandma don't even eat cookies, but she'll buy a box) and best of all - (4) who's gonna just come to us saying,"I heard you got Girl scout cookies for sale. I want 8 boxes!"

This is exactly the difficulty Rick Santorum now has.  Girl Scout Cookie time is here!  He won the opportunity to keep on selling.  He just hoped, beyond hope, that he could gain the opportunity, but didn't really expect it.  Now that he does, will he be able to ante up the infrastructure, money, and time needed to capitalize?

Now, to digress a little bit,  there is this mom at my daughter's dance class who is selling stuff constantly: bags, cookies, cards, you name it.  It's all to fundraise for her child's private school.  This woman has it together.  She has her group of people she goes to each time for her products.  Always making sure she doesn't sell to the same people over and over again.  That whole sheet of orders is filled to the brim; three or four times A YEAR! She has her ducks in a row, networks in place, infrastructure down.  Her daughter's gonna get whatever prize is in place for whomever sells the largest amount.  It's a shoe-in.  I'm just trying to sell a few boxes of cookies, so I can have my thin mints, man.

And that leads me to my point: since Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich are like that over-achieving mother, Romney more so than Gingrinch, how in the heck is Santorum gonna stand up to the pressure when right now he only has one cookie selling sheet, and Romney gotta staff of people selling cookies in every daggum state on his behalf. What's Santorum gonna do?? Well, all I know is if any of y'all want some cookies, just comment on my blog with pertinent contact info (I'm serious). Cause it's time to ingest some sugar…mmmm…chocolate crispy goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment