Monday, August 29, 2011

Hustlin'...


It's been a second since I've written here...I've been sooooo busy since I got back off the road.  Being a mom, educator, composer, musician, business owner, administrator, kid whisperer, and wife has been so time consuming.  The baby is right outside my bedroom door right now screaming for mommy while I'm in here sick and trying to get some rest while I pay bills, book gigs, write out lesson plans, contact workman, set up after school activities, and find a way to PAY for all of it.  I'm always on the move, always hustling.  I think I wrote before that parents do the most hustling out there, I know that's true in my case.  At the same time I'm dealing with the fact that my mortgage is underwater and the bank won't re-fi me, I am also hustling to put food on the table and make sure that my baby has child care while I go to work to pay for the car seat that I need to purchase. etc, etc...and ya don't stop.

I don't think I'm alone. I know mothers who stay up until 2 or 3 in the morning doing work after they put their kids to sleep, only to get up at 7am or earlier to get their kids ready to go to school. Then they work all day in or outside the home only to start over.  Um, actually that's my life too....

No comments:

Post a Comment