Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Song...



I can’t play and sing this song too well, because it’s just a bass line and a couple of chords, but here it is, the first part of it.   I like my bridge. Makes me think of Donny Hathaway with the melody. My favorite line, “Every war ain’t always got fightin, just cause you ain’t cut don’t mean there’s no blood…” I just like that image. People don’t understand that actions have consequences. And even when they do, they don’t really care cause they just want to live in that nice house. There is culture that is being ignored. I remember that article in the Times which said that a group of citizens wanted to ban the sale of chicken wings because the bones were causing rats to proliferate. CHICKEN WINGS?! That’s like banning bagels because you made them too big and they make people fat. Maybe you should ban dog walking because people don’t pick up the feces. It feels like a war no matter what you do because of competing interests and cultures are clashing, and there’s not a lot of respect for who was there first.

No comments:

Post a Comment